Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What am I DOING?

I am so crazy!  Just accepted yet another challenge....Good health habits outside of my Zumba classes....with the spring/summer fashions finding places in our closets and drawers, our students are requesting workouts to help them look their best in their new found fashions for the season.  WELL...as all wonderful ZUMBA instructors do, we accommodate our classes!

We can help folks in class, but what about outside of class?  As instructors, do we use healthy habits outside of class?  Do we carefully plan our meals, make sure we get our water in and get plenty of fruits and veggies in?  Most of us work full-time jobs and hold 2 or 3 Zumba classes per week, so we are BUSY....I can't say that I am always diligent in the healthy living aspect, but I am a work in progress, just like the folks that attend my Zumba classes.

I am one that likes to take things slow.  Too many new things throws me in a tailspin and I end up quitting it ALL!  So, areas I need to work on are as follows:

1.  WATER...I do not get in enough WATER.

2.  I need to wear my HRM each time I work out.  It is so easy to forget this little jewel when I am rushing
     home to change out of dress clothes and into workout clothes for my Zumba class.

3.  More Veggies/Fruits (this is always my down fall).

Okay, so I will start with those 3.  Why only 3, because more than that and I am setting myself up for failure and I am no longer doing that.  As I tell my class, do what you can, start slow and set goals, but reasonable goals...no one likes to fail...

Sure, we need a swift quick every now and then to get back on track and we need challenges, BUT, we also know what works for our personality types.  Mine....give me a couple of things to tackle at a time and once I achieve that, I will find something else to replace these with.

So, I have the above challenge, PLUS a challenge with a co-worker to be down 1 pant size by June 3rd.  I'm on my way to achieving this, but still have a ways to go.  Will I make it...I plan on it and can't wait to sport a smaller size, but my main objective is to become healthier during this time frame as well.

So, in order to give my Zumba girls all I can and be on my game....I will become healthier over the next few months....


No comments:

Post a Comment